Welcome to this weeks Wizzy News – our weekly roundup of news and events at Wisborough Green Cricket Club.
The view feared by many a batsman on the Green
His hairline hasn’t really changed – much like his consistent line and length bowling. Club Chairman Steve Calder Smith pointed out that Thatch has been bowling uphill for 25 years (Thatch would probably argue he started at age 5) and estimated that he had bowled 6000 overs in league games. The Playcricket stats havn’t been around for that long but they record that he has bowled 1233 overs, 267 maidens and taken 225 wickets at an average of 19.85 . An incredible achievement by any standard. Some would also point out that hasn’t only bowled a maiden over on the cricket field, but that is of course a story for another day. Happy birthday old fella !Team selection for this weekend
Our Firsts are taking on Crawley Eagles away in Crawley on Saturday at 1pm. There is no second team game.
Click here to see who has been selected to play
Results from last weekSeniors The firsts and seconds games were sadly abandoned on Saturday as was the T20 match against Arundel which will have to be replayed in a few weeks time. Arundel had put on 132 in their innings and Wisborough’s innings had just started when rain stopped play. Rather than the traditional match report ‘Wizzy TV’ interviewed captain for the day Jonny Farmer for his thoughts on the game. Click here for the interview Under 14’s vs Horsham Trinity
- Green fall short against Horsham Trinity in final game of the season
- Game restricted to 15 overs a side due to wet pitch
- Green restrict Trinity to 75
- Joe Bonney the pick of the bowlers with 2 for 13 in his 3 overs
- Josh Tusler weighs in with 1 for 6 off his 3 overs
- Classy performance from Harry Dancaster behind the stumps with no byes conceded
- Improved bowling performance from all bowlers as only 3 wides conceded
- Disappointing day with the bat as Green bowled out for 51
- Josh Tusler’s 6 one of few highlights
- Best Bowler :Tom Bonney – 19 overs , 8 wickets for 26 runs
- Best Batsman : Will Dixon – 166 runs (top run scorer in the U10 league)
- Best Fielder : Fraser Williams – always alert and ready for action with good catching, accurate throwing and always backing up.
- Most improved player : Tannah Ronaldson new to cricket this season has been a regular in the team with ever improving batting, bowling and fielding
- Coaches Award : Ran Dawson Impressive all-round performance with bat and ball in addition to providing leadership within the team