Not a lot to report on game wise this week with the senior matches being washed out and only the under 14 team managing to get in a reduced over match. Well done to those who managed to get onto this week’s honours board.
The view feared by many a batsman on the Green
His hairline hasn’t really changed – much like his consistent line and length bowling.
Club Chairman Steve Calder Smith pointed out that Thatch has been bowling uphill for 25 years (Thatch would probably argue he started at age 5) and estimated that he had bowled 6000 overs in league games. The Playcricket stats havn’t been around for that long but they record that he has bowled 1233 overs, 267 maidens and taken 225 wickets at an average of 19.85 . An incredible achievement by any standard.
Some would also point out that hasn’t only bowled a maiden over on the cricket field, but that is of course a story for another day.
Happy birthday old fella !
Team selection for this weekend
Results from last week
The firsts and seconds games were sadly abandoned on Saturday as was the T20 match against Arundel which will have to be replayed in a few weeks time. Arundel had put on 132 in their innings and Wisborough’s innings had just started when rain stopped play. Rather than the traditional match report ‘Wizzy TV’ interviewed captain for the day Jonny Farmer for his thoughts on the game. Click here for the interview
Under 14’s vs Horsham Trinity
- Green fall short against Horsham Trinity in final game of the season
- Game restricted to 15 overs a side due to wet pitch
- Green restrict Trinity to 75
- Joe Bonney the pick of the bowlers with 2 for 13 in his 3 overs
- Josh Tusler weighs in with 1 for 6 off his 3 overs
- Classy performance from Harry Dancaster behind the stumps with no byes conceded
- Improved bowling performance from all bowlers as only 3 wides conceded
- Disappointing day with the bat as Green bowled out for 51
- Josh Tusler’s 6 one of few highlights
Click here for the full scorecard
Great team spirit in the field as always
Under 14 awards for the season
A good season for the under 14’s this year which didn’t always produce the results but will be remembered for the considerable improvement in every player and the very positive team spirit even when the going was tough. Well done lads !
Congratulations to our award winners for this year :
Bowling award : James King
Fielding award : Sam Williams
Most improved : Eric Moore
Batting award : Wilbert Overton
Coaches award : Leon Kilford
Pictured below with coach Tim McMath and Club President John Pleasants who handed out the awards : Sam Williams, James King, Joel Moore (Eric’s dad) , and Leon Kilford
Thanks to Michelle Kilford for all her assistance with organising fixtures, team co-ordination and most importantly ensuring that the players (and coaches) were thoroughly spoilt at teatime !!
Congratulations to the under 10’s for another outstanding season.
The stats for the team performances are as follows : Played 7 won 5 drew 1 lost 1. As things stand they are top of the league (Rudgwick are still to complete their stats).
U10 awards for the year :
- Best Bowler :Tom Bonney – 19 overs , 8 wickets for 26 runs
- Best Batsman : Will Dixon – 166 runs (top run scorer in the U10 league)
- Best Fielder : Fraser Williams – always alert and ready for action with good catching, accurate throwing and always backing up.
- Most improved player : Tannah Ronaldson new to cricket this season has been a regular in the team with ever improving batting, bowling and fielding
- Coaches Award : Ran Dawson Impressive all-round performance with bat and ball in addition to providing leadership within the team
Well done to everyone in the squad who has contributed to a successful season both in training and during matches.
Some pics of the U 10 awards evening
A specially made cap for Presidents Day was taken from the box in the changing room on Presidents Day. If anyone has it, please let us know as it was intended to be given to a specific person.
That’s all the news for this week
If there is anything we need to know you know where to find us