Welcome to this weeks Wizzy News – our weekly round-up of news and events at Wisborough Green Cricket Club
This week we lead on a somewhat sombre note with a picture taken at Las Ramblas in Barcelona after the devastating terrorist attack. Many of our cricketing families have visited this area in the past and James Sadler and family left a message from our club in support of all those affected by this senseless act.
Honours boards for the week
Congratulations to all the players who made it onto the honours board this week.
Matches this weekend
The firsts are taking on Selsey at home at 12:30 on Saturday and the seconds are away at Eastergate at 12:30. Click here to see who has been selected to represent us this weekend
Results of matches played last weekend
Firsts vs Barns Green
- Wisborough top order vanish quicker than the eclipse
- Benjamin Steyn continues great run with another 50
- Jack Carter back in form with patient 30
- Wisborough attack take BG into the 31st Over
- Jack Sizzle Carter with a late charge for top wicket taker
- Steyn smashes his way into Barns Green playground, Farmer more worried
for the kids than Steyn’s health.
Click here for the full scorecard
Seconds vs Arundel
- Green set Arundel 150 target to win
- Good contributions from Skipper Calder Smith, Ken Vickery and Tom Jenkins
- Bowlers toil against Arundel top order
- Team undone by Ian ‘WG Grace’ Richie again
- Nick Payne bowls through the pain barrier and claims 3 scalps
- Tom Jenkins takes memorable diving catch to dismiss Richie
- Good day behind the stumps for Keeper Calum as only 1 bye conceeded
- Arundel make it look easy as they coast to victory with only 3 wickets down and 7 overs to go
Click here for the full scorecard
Other Cricketing News
Not sure if any of our wicketkeepers saw the Wicket Keeping Masterclass with former England test Keeper Jack Russell on Sky recently – Click here for a very informative session .
Dates for your diary
A fun packed not to be missed weekend on the Green for all the family :
Friday 25 th from 7:30 pm : Wisborough Green’s got Talent – £10 entry fee to see the 10 acts on show including a not to be missed entry from the Cricket Club. Curry, Hot dogs and jerk chicken on sale along with a pay bar. Tickets are limited and obtainable from the Cricketers Pub beforehand. Tickets are also available on the night but no guarantee of place at a table.
Saturday 26th : Cricket on the Green : Firsts vs Selsey : 12h30 – 6 pm
Brocante Sale at the Marquee on the Green – 10 am to 4 pm.
Sunday 27th @ 9:30 : U16 Dads vs Lads cricket event
12:30 till late : Malcolm Spiers memorial match
Monday 28th (Bank Holiday) : Annual Fete, Dog Show and Horticultural and Craft Show from 1 pm on the Village Green. Many attractions including bouncy castles, children’s’ races (from 2 pm), vintage vehicles, Wellie Wanging (new for this year) and lots more – all helping to raise funds for the Pavilion Rebuild, Village Hall Refurbishment, WG Scouts and the Air Ambulance. Please come down and support.
Full details on the Village website www.wisboroughgreen.org
Sat 2 Sept – Pimms and Prosecco on the Green – more details to follow
Sat 14 October – 70’s Disco night at the Village Green – a fundraiser for the new Pavilion project. Not to be missed . Tickets available from Hayley Ball via email : email@example.com
Other non cricketing news
Come across any interesting sights on your travels ? Here are a few more to add to the collection . Please send in some of your pics to us – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Poetry in Motion . Click here for a little reminder of the real thing
You tell them boys
And finally. Know one of these ? Click here and play video
If there is anything we need to know, you know where to find us.
Have another great cricketing week.