Welcome to this week’s Wizzy News – our weekly roundup of news and events at Wisborough Green Cricket Club.
Firstly – huge congratulations to everyone for a great RunWisborough event on Sunday. There were over 500 runners who took part and it was great to see such positive village support for the event.
The official results of the event have been posted on the www.runwisborough.co.uk website – please have a look and also see some great pics which are available to download from the website at only £3 per pic with all proceeds going to the new Pavilion. Great to see so many cricketing names in the 5 k run and some cracking times . Well done to one and all !
In this week’s news we report on our first and second team’s performances as well as the under 12’s who were also in action. Read about the first hundred and first fifty to be scored this season and the family rivalry that is sure to unfold as the season progresses.
In this week’s news we can also exclusively announce the launch of a new range of footware and a not to be missed top tip for mums and dad of Colts .
Results of matches :
- Green suffer opening day defeat
- Top order collapse in first over
- Skipper Sadler leads the recovery with 59
- Wickets shared but too many poor deliveries make chase comfortable for East Preston
- 2nds start with an excellent win
- Tarni Dixon the star with unbeaten century
- Josh Dixon claims a wicket on debut
- Battle for top Dixon set to rage throughout the summer
- The horse (recently added to the bowling stable) recovers from fall at the first to trott in for 7 overs
- Nick Payne also takes 2 wickets.
- Great bowling spells from Will Dixon and Huxley Johnson-Hill help to stem the runs from strong Ifield batsmen
- Bowlers all make valuable contributions and share the spoils
- Joe Bonney shines with the bat after notching up 21 runs not out
- Captain Eddie Ragg leads from the front with valuable all round contribution
- Green fall short of Ifield total but promising start to the season
- Batsmen need to try to protect their wicket from straight deliveries……especially when batting in the top order.
- Bowlers need to decide what side of the wicket they are going to bowl, especially for the first 10-15 overs……..
- ‘Much work to be done.’