In this week’s news :
- 1’s suffer 2nd straight defeat
- Poor batting and fielding costs them what should have been a comfortable win
- One match wonder Lakshay only shining light with the bat
- Napper & Maru each take 3 wickets
- Catching practice very much on the agenda at training.
- Captain “sicknote” Self breaks down again. This time in the warm-up.
- Joel Colbran and Luca Cocoracchio too hot to handle in great opening spell.
- Nick Scott Payne hits the deck with force after a few lessons from Doddy.
- Tom Colbran bamboozles opposition with 1 batsman failing to hit the ball for 7 straight deliveries……Sadler shouts, ‘it might be better if you leave the bat there and we try to hit it’
- Dodd and Vickery bowl well, and restrict St Andrews to 151.
- Wisborough lose 3 quick wickets for 17.
- Vickery gathers some bruises from sharp opening attack.
- Dodd and Sadler seal the victory with an unbeaten stand of 83.
See match report below
- Under 14’s continue winning streak with 49 run victory over Three Bridges
- Captain Colbran continues great form with unbeaten 42
- Harold Hardie and Leon Kilford support with great knocks
- Wickets shared by bowlers
- Fin finds form with some great bowling
- Team stay top of the league – and deservedly so.
- Under 12’s fall short against Rudgwick after Campbell takes hattrick against the Green
- Skipper Sam scores steady sixteen (hope you noticed – connoisseurs of the English language …)
- Zac Whittle continues to shine with the ball
- Swing King Carpenter and Dependable Huxley forming formidable attack
- Great all round opening performance of the season seals victory against local rivals Billingshurst
- Good knocks from Devon, Freddie , Bertie and Ban
- Bowlers pin back Billingshurst with Devon picking up 2 wickets.
- Smiles all round but some work to do in the fielding department.
Wisborough Green 2nd X1 V St Andrews Burgess Hill
St Andrews is a much improved ground from the last time we played there 5 years ago. The wicket was good and the outfield cut and flat. Compared to the outfield at Wisborough Green it is a bowling green.
St Andrews won the toss and elected to bat. Joel Colbran and Luca Cocoracchio opened the bowling and both bowled very well, keeping the batsmen to 22 off the first 10 overs. Joel bowling with pace and swing, unlucky only to take 1 wicket. St Andrews looked assured but were always behind the run rate with some good Wizzy bowling. Nick Scott Payne bowled with pace and took 2 wickets for 34.
Tom Colbran bamboozled one St Andrews batsman who failed to hit the ball for 7 deliveries. Tom finishing on 1 for 41.
The overall fielding was good, with Dan Dronsfield running like a greyhound, and Sadler taking 2 excellent catches. Dave Cocoracchio kept well, and was his normal quiet self behind the stumps. Dodd and Frank then finished off the overs, with Frank turning the ball with max revs, and Doddy using his skill and experience to snag a couple of wickets.
St Andrews finished on 151 for 7. A target Wisborough should achieve.
St Andrews opened the bowling with a sharp attack, and with McMath gone for 0, Scott Payne for 5 and Joel Colbran for 0, Wisborough were in trouble at 17 for 3. Frank Vickery managed to fend off some quick bowling, using his obvious athleticism to keep out the hostile St Andrews bowler. Dodd batted well and was building a nice score when Frank was out for 21. Sadler came to the crease and with Dodd managed to settle the situation. Sadler and Dodd started to bat well with Dodd smashing a few boundaries and Sadler ensuring we did not get bowled out cheaply. Dodd finished on 89 not out and Sadler 32 not out to win the game.
With 5 wins out of 5, we head to play Partridge Green 1st Team next week.
Thanks to Rob Knight for umpiring, and Ken Vickery for travelling to the match after returning from his holidays.
2nd X1 Captain