In this week’s news :
- Firsts suffer 6 wicket defeat to Littlehampton, Clapham and Patching
- Green can only muster 154 all out
- Byron Napper top scores with 33
- Jack Carter and Tim Dodd weigh in with 31 a piece
- Littlehampton’s Chris Heberlein strikes at heart of batting to finish with 7 for 19 off 9.4 overs
- Bowlers struggle with under 14 Tom Colbran taking 2 scalps.
- Captain calls for improved performances all round
vs Eastergate – 9 July
- Colts Hughie Ragg and Charlie Phillips make debuts for the team
- Dan Vickery holds batting together with well played 39
- Green notch up 172 for 8 in 40 overs
- Bowlers struggle to contain Eastergate
- Dan Vickery claims 3 wickets
- Eastergate reach total with 4 overs to spare
- Captain Sadler praises team for positive spirit and banter. If only we had 25 more runs on the board ……
See match report below
- Under 16’s canter home in rain interrupted game against Southwater
- Great all round bowling performances with Hughie Ragg claiming 3 wickets and Dilshan Da Silva bagging 2
- Lightening quick stumping and catch by wicky Callum Price keeps the runs down.
- Green contain Southwater to 81 runs in 25 overs
- Hughie Ragg gets team off to a great start with 27 runs.
- Green reach target with only 3 wickets down and 9 overs to spare
- Great win leaves Green sharing 2nd place in the league with Horsham and Three Bridges. 3 matches to go. Keep going lads !
vs Three Bridges 9 July
- Green trounce Three Bridges in 7 wicket victory
- Bowlers share the spoils but Leon Kilford stars with 3 wickets for 5 runs off 3 overs
- Green skittle Three Bridges out for 52 in 15 overs
- Captain Colbran steers the ship home with undefeated 28
- Green reach target in 11 overs
- Great team performance and well deserved victory
Other news :
Spotted Umpiring on the green : Wisborough Green’s very own Dickie Bird aka Callum Price
Spotted at a pub :
If there is anything we should know – you know where to find us
Seconds vs Eastergate
With summer holidays now underway, availability for both teams can be a problem. The 1st X1 took 4 usual 2nd Team players, but this was an opportunity for some older colts to play and delighted to welcome Charlie Phillips, and Hughie Ragg to debut for the 2nd X1.
Eastergate won the toss and elected to field. Dan and Ken Vickery opened the batting. Ken was out early but Dan batted well and held the top of the order together, eventually finishing on 39. Gary Harwin, (16)Hughie Ragg (0) and Nick Payne (13) came and went for a handful of runs. Sadler (9)did no better hitting a full toss to mid wicket. The team were in trouble, Dave Cocoracchio (23)and Frank Vickey (24) steadied the ship whilst Charlie Phillips (16 Not out)batted well and got Wisborough to a good total of 172.
Tea was great from the Cricketers Arms, and the team were refreshed and ready to bowl tightly against Eastergate. However Eastergate batted well and were cruising to Victory. However a handy run out from James Sadler, and some top bowling from Dan Vickery, ensured an ‘Eastergate wobble’. A few batsmen came and went. Charlie Phillips and Hughie Ragg, bowled well, Nick Payne and Frank Vickery bowled some good overs, but Dan Vickery got the bowling prize with 3 wickets.
Unfortunately our tight bowling was not good enough and Eastergate got to our total with 3 overs to spare.
However a good match with some great banter and a pleasure to play in a team with great effort and team spirit, even though we came up a bit short with the batting. Another 25 runs would have secured Victory.
Many thanks to Peter Mattock for umpiring.
Cheers James Sadler
2nd X1 Captain