Firstly I am pleased to say that we have organised an Intra Club match tomorrow that will see us play the first cricket in Wisborough Green in 2020 – the first game of the summer, first of the decade and first socially distanced / hand gelled game of cricket in Wisborough EVER!! The good news is you can still be part of the day – we still need a few more players but it should be a great occasion. More on the plan for tomorrow and the current squad for that below.
August Cup Update – we now have confirmation from Sussex Cricket that we will be playing 5 group games (with 2 sides entered so 10 matches) in the August Cup from the 1st to the 29th August. These will be on Saturdays and start at 1pm, with games played both home and away. These will be 40 over matches, win/lose cricket against local teams. So whilst they are friendly there is still likely to be a bit of rivalry and we will be aiming to win our groups!!
Right, back to the plan for Saturday:
- Arrive: 1pm on the green (probably best to be half ready – jock-strap on as a minimum!)
- Please bring food and drink or source locally from the shop/pub, since providing a cricket tea is tricky to do safely for everyone, this will be the best way to ensure you don’t go hungry
- We will be dousing ourselves, equipment and balls in alcohol gel upon arrival – its safety first, plus I’m looking to open the batting whilst everyone has slippery hands!
- We will sort the teams out on the day
- We will be aiming to play at least 30 overs a side if we can get 22 players out there: we will ask people to retire at 30 and a max of 5 overs per bowler to get everyone a game
- In terms of safety measures we will be:
- Before you leave for The Green – please do take a moment to check for any covid-19 symptoms (new cough, temp, etc), if you do then please do not hesitate to contact us and say you can’t play – safety first
- Restricting use of changing facilities
- Hand gel to be regularly distributed
- Balls to be regularly cleaned with sanitiser
- Umpires to keep gel and sanitiser throughout the game
- Use of your own drinks bottles to avoid sharing
- Use your own equipment and clean bats after use
- Social distancing on field as much as possible (Wicket keeper/slips and running batsmen)
- Please bring enough snacks to keep you going through the day – we were thinking about doing a BBQ but are taking advice on whether we can do this safely and within guidelines
- Please note we will be asking for a small contribution towards the pitch upkeep of – £5 for adults and £2 for Juniors
LET’S GET BACK PLAYING AND HAVE SOME FUN – BUT DO IT SAFELY!!
The confirmed squad for Saturday is as follows:
Dixons – hopefully at least 3
Vickerys – at least 2
Raggy and Ragglet