Welcome to this weeks Wizzy News – our weekly round-up of news and events at Wisborough Green Cricket Club
Honours boards for the week
Congratulations to all the players who made it onto the honours board this week.
On Monday we said farewell to our overseas player for the year Benjamin Steyn who returned to South Africa after spending the summer with us. Before he left Benjamin asked if he could say a few words – click here
Click here to see some of Benjamin’s memorable dance moves
We really enjoyed having you Benjamin – hope to see you again next year.
Results of matches played last weekend
Firsts vs East Preston
- Disappointing end to the season as Green trounced by East Preston
- Bad day with the bat as only 3 players reach double figures
- DJ top scores with 22 batting at number 10
- Green end up having to defend 87
- East Preston canter home with only 2 wickets down in 12th over
- Green left to reflect on a good season but maybe not quite ready for promotion yet
Click here for the full scorecard
Seconds vs Priory Park Chichester
- Narrow loss for Seconds against fellow promotion prospects Chichester Priory
- Nick Klein makes welcome return to bowling attack
- Chichester middle order crumble – 72 for 2 becomes 77 for 6
- Nick Payne and Jonny Farmer destroyers in chief
- Chichester’s tail wags as Green struggle to take final wickets
- Green set target of 178 to win
- Great knock from Richard Greatorex who ends with 46
- Composed 31 from Hughie Ragg as middle order collapses
- Green fall short by 22 runs in game that could have gone either way
Review of the First team’s season
Peter Mattock, our first team umpire has penned a superb summary of each of the first X1’s games this season in his ‘Umpire’s View’ . Click here to read his piece which concludes with some summary stats for the season.
Mr and Mrs President
As many of you may know our Club President John Pleasants will be getting married on 16 Sept and Lena and John have invited everyone to celebrate their special day with them afterwards at the 3 Crowns from 3pm. Both John and Lena have contributed greatly to our club and we look forward drinking a toast to them.
End of season wrap
Next week will be our final Wizzy News for the season. We are planning to recall some of memorable moments of the season and present our final honours boards for the season. If you have anything in particular that you would like us to include please let us know.
Dates for your diary
Sat 14 October – 70’s Disco night at the Village Green – a fundraiser for the new Pavilion project. Not to be missed . Tickets available from Hayley Ball via email : email@example.com
Other non cricketing news
Come across any interesting sights on your travels ? Here are a few more to add to the collection . Please send in some of your pics to us – email firstname.lastname@example.org
As its back to school and work for most here are a few extra chuckles …
Discounts on offer for some
Thanks for the reminder
Can’t be true
And finally …
If there is anything we need to know, you know where to find us.